Through our specialist and bespoke software testing training courses, HORATIO Resourcing creates highly skilled testing professionals to meet the increasing quality assurance needs of organisations globally. With our comprehensive hands-on instructor-led training programs, delegates are taught to adopt a structured approach to testing. Our courses are intensive, instructor-led and hands on, and are made up of a series of lectures, illustrative examples and interactive sessions covering key testing modules.
We can come to you
When you engage us to deliver training in your organisation we believe it is because you have a need to increase testing literacy. Every organisation and their training needs are different in terms of technology, methodology, implementation and people.
At HORATIO Resourcing we never adopt a one size fits all training approach as we believe this will end up being an academic exercise for the attendees. Instead our aim is a series of thought provoking sessions, culminating in a strong desire to hurry back and immediately begin implementing those changes that will lead to better testing and thus ultimately better technology. We will always tailor training to meet your specific needs.
You can come to us
Our in-house courses are held both during the week and also at weekends. This has been suggested to us by an overwhelming majority of our sampled delegates, some of who either struggled to fit training into an already busy week or were distracted by existing projects and colleagues from work.
We offer public dates for our classroom based courses at a wide variety of locations in the United Kingdom.
Professional trainers, real-world experience
As part of HORATIO Resourcing’s most valuable assets, our trainers are invaluable and are carefully selected to meet the needs of our delegates.
Our trainers are all established practising Testing professionals who work with top blue chip companies globally and bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the table. Their years of hands-on and practical real-world experience is transformed into course content and facilitates exercises that effect smooth "trainer to delegate" knowledge transfer. They are able to share true life workplace experiences with our delegates and are qualified to answer the most complex or complicated of questions relating to technology testing. Our trainers make a point of getting to know you and understanding your needs in the shortest possible time. They are determined to make your course as practical, as effective and as enjoyable as possible.
Aside from their qualifications and experience, their skills, enthusiasm and dedication make them unique in the marketplace.
The course scope
- System Quality Assurance and Software Testing
- Fundamentals of Software Testing I and II
- Software Testing in an AGILE development Environment
- Software Testing in a V-Model development Environment
- Client Satisfaction via User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Service Readiness Via Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT)
- Test Process and Defect Management
The Course objectives
- To provide delegates with good depth of understanding in software and infrastructure testing.
- To provide delegates with an understanding of the various test techniques, fundamental testing terminology and software testing best practice.
- To introduce delegates to the basic software development and testing lifecycle in order to help them understand how various systems/application/software components are put together and how they can be effectively tested.
The Course attendees
- Individuals with little or no knowledge of testing wishing to build a career as Test analysts.
- Individuals wishing to become better Test professionals.
- Experienced Testers currently adopting ad hoc methods.
- SDLC Project team: (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Programmers \ Developers)
- Product Owners and Business Representatives
- Persons involved directly or indirectly with testing possessing no knowledge of the discipline.
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) originally founded in Edinburgh in November 2002 is responsible for the international ISTQB Certified Tester qualification scheme. Representatives from over 30 national testing boards continue to work with the ISTQB to set up global standards certification. The qualifications are based on a syllabus, and there are qualifications and guideline requirements for accreditation.
The British Computer Society’s (BCS) Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB) is seen as the forerunner of British industry standard Software Testing Qualifications and works very closely with the ISQTB to produce what is now known as the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing qualification. Upon successful completion of Systems Quality Assurance and Testing course, delegates are expected to sit and pass the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing examination.
At the end of the training you are awarded a single, universally accepted, international qualification designed specifically for system quality assurance and testing professionals. As an ISEB/ISTQB Certified Tester you are among a select group of internationally recognised testing professionals, practising within the framework of a common body of understanding and knowledge.
HORATIO Training graduates have a 96% examination pass rate.